It’s no secret that the beverage industry is constantly evolving, with new products and technologies being developed all the time.
Between 2021 and 2026, the global beverage sector is expected to reach 1.7 percent. By end of 2026, the market will be worth more than $1.691 billion if current trends continue.
As we head into 2022, what are some of the trends and challenges we can expect to see in this sector? In this post, we’ll take a look at 10 trends that will dominate the beverage industry in 2022. We’ll also explore some of the challenges and innovations that will shape the future of this industry.
Top 10 Food and Beverage Industry Trends in 2022
2022 is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about the top current trends in food and beverage industry.
Some of the biggest trends in the next five years include: Health and Wellness- Consumers are looking for healthier beverage options, which means brands will need to focus on functional and nutritious drinks.
Plant-Based Drinks- Plant-based diets are becoming more popular, so it’s no surprise that plant-based drinks are on the rise.
Sustainability- Consumers are more aware of environmental issues, and they’re looking for sustainable beverage options. So let’s have a look at the top 10 beverage industry trends in 2022.
1. Bottle Designs Will Get More Unique
Bottle designs will become more and more unique in the coming years as beverage companies try to set themselves apart from the competition. Expect to see more curved and shaped bottles, as well as creative labeling and finishes.
🔗 Related : What happened to Bottle Bright after Shark Tank?
One trend that we’re already seeing is the use of recycled materials in bottle designs. For example, UK-based soft drink company innocent use recycled plastic in some of their bottles. We can expect to see more of this in the future as companies try to reduce their environmental impact.
2. Sustainability Will Be a Top Priority
When it comes to the future of the beverage industry, sustainability is going to be a top priority.
As consumers become more and more mindful of their environmental impact, they’re demanding products that are sustainable and ethical. Beverage companies that want to stay competitive will need to find ways to reduce their carbon footprint and use more sustainable packaging materials.
Sustainability isn’t just about the environment, though. It’s also about social responsibility. Beverage companies that prioritize ethical sourcing and labor practices will be more successful in the years to come.
3. Alcoholic Seltzers Will Continue to Grow in Popularity
Alcoholic seltzers are on the rise and show no signs of slowing down. Often billed as a “healthier” option than traditional hard liquors, seltzers are low in calories and carbs and are perfect for those who are looking for a light alcoholic drink.
With their growing popularity, we can expect to see more and more alcoholic seltzer brands entering the market in the next few years. So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to try, be sure to give them a go!
4. “Healthy” Drinks Will Become More Popular
It’s no secret that the beverage industry is constantly evolving. In fact, we can expect a lot of changes in the next decade, especially when it comes to “healthy” drinks. Watch out for these trends:
- More plant-based drinks.
- More keto-friendly drinks.
- More innovative and sustainable packaging.
- “Healthy” drinks will become more popular.
- Carbonated water will continue to rise in popularity.
- Functional beverages will become more popular.
- Craft sodas will continue to grow in popularity.
- Tea will continue to grow in popularity.
- Non-alcoholic cocktails will gain popularity.
- Ready-to-drink coffee will continue to grow in popularity.”
5. CBD-infused Drinks Will Become More Mainstream
In recent years, we’ve seen a surge in the popularity of CBD-infused products. According to the latest report, “the global CBD-Infused Beverages Market size and share is estimated at USD 14,600 million by 2026, up from USD 3,400 million in 2020, at a compound annual growth rate of 27.5 percent between 2021 and 2026
And while CBD-infused food and skincare have been popular for a while now, we think that CBD-infused drinks will become more mainstream in the coming years.
There are a few reasons for this. For one, CBD is known to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a great choice for people who are looking for relief from things like chronic pain or arthritis.
Secondly, CBD is non-intoxicating, meaning that it doesn’t get you high as THC does. This makes it a safe option for people who want the benefits of CBD but don’t want to experience the psychoactive effects of THC.
We think that CBD-infused drinks will become increasingly popular in the coming years as more and more people become aware of the benefits of CBD.
6. Plant-Based Proteins Will Be Used More in Beverages
Plant-based proteins are becoming more and more popular, as consumers are looking for healthier and more sustainable options. We predict that they will be used in more beverages in 2022 as the industry continues to move towards more healthy and sustainable options.
7. “Functional” Beverages Will Become More Popular
“Functional” beverages will become more popular in the next few years. What are “functional” beverages? They are drinks that offer more than just hydration. They often have added nutrients or supplements that claim to offer health benefits. Some common examples include protein shakes, green tea, and vitamin water.
Why are functional beverages becoming more popular?
There are a few reasons. First, people are becoming more health-conscious and are looking for ways to improve their overall well-being.
Second, as the industry becomes more competitive, companies are looking for ways to set themselves apart from their competitors.
Functional beverages offer a unique way to do that. Finally, as the world becomes more and more digital, people have less time to sit down and eat a meal. Functional beverages provide a convenient way to get the nutrients they need in a hurry.
8. Alternative Sweeteners Will Be Used More
Alternative sweeteners are becoming more and more popular every day, as people are becoming more health-conscious. You can expect to see more and more of these sweeteners in the beverage industry in 2022.
Some of the most popular alternative sweeteners include stevia, monk fruit extract, and erythritol. These sweeteners are all-natural, meaning they come from plants. They’re also calorie-free, which makes them a great option for those who are trying to watch their weight.
Alternative sweeteners are a great way to add sweetness without adding any extra calories or sugar. They’re also perfect for those with diabetes or other health conditions that require them to watch their sugar intake.
9. Sugar Taxes Will Become More Common
Governments around the world are beginning to levy taxes on sugary drinks in an effort to reduce obesity rates. As public awareness of the dangers of sugar grows, it’s likely that more and more countries will enact similar measures in the years to come. This could mean big changes for the beverage industry as a whole.
10. Flavored Waters Will Continue to Grow in Popularity
Flavored water is nothing new, but it’s definitely been gaining in popularity in recent years. This is likely due to the fact that it’s a healthier alternative to other sugary drinks, plus it still tastes good.
In fact, many people consider flavored water to be one of the best-tasting options when it comes to beverages.
Another reason for its increasing popularity is that more and more people are becoming health-conscious and looking for ways to reduce their sugar intake. Flavored water fits that bill perfectly, as it’s low in calories and doesn’t have any added sugar.
We predict that flavored water will continue to grow in popularity over the next few years, so be sure to keep an eye out for it!
👍 You May Also Like: Top Beauty Industry Trends, Innovations & Challenges
Top Innovations in the Beverage Industry in 2022
According to recent reports, the top 5 innovations in the beverage industry in 2022 will be:
- The continued rise of bottled water.
- The growth of non-alcoholic drinks.
- The increasing popularity of plant-based drinks.
- The growth of functional drinks.
- The rise of e-commerce in the beverage industry.
Top Challenges in the Beverage Industry in 2022
In 2022, the top three challenges in the beverage industry will be:
1. Sustainability: As the world becomes increasingly aware of the impact that our actions have on the environment, the beverage industry will be under pressure to develop sustainable solutions. This could include innovative packaging solutions, using recycled materials, and reducing waste.
2. Health and Wellness: Consumers are becoming more interested in health and wellness, and are looking for beverages that align with their values. This could mean drinks that are organic, vegan, low-calorie, or sugar-free.
3. Innovation: The beverage industry is constantly evolving, and in 2022 we can expect to see more innovative products hitting the market. This could include plant-based milk, alcoholic drinks made with alternative ingredients, and CBD-infused beverages.
⁉ You Might Be Interested In: How to Add a Virtual Visa Card to PayPal?
Top Opportunities in the Beverage Industry in 2022
In the beverage industry, there are two big opportunities that will continue to grow in 2022:
1. Craft Beverages: Consumers are moving away from mass-produced, artificial beverages and are instead embracing craft beverages made with natural ingredients. This trend is especially popular among millennials, who are looking for unique and authentic experiences.
2. Functional Beverages: Functional beverages, which include drinks that have health benefits such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, are becoming increasingly popular. People are looking for ways to stay healthy and hydrated, and functional beverages offer a convenient way to do that.
Risk in the Beverage Industry in 2022
The top risk in the beverage industry in 2022 is going to be the increasing popularity of plant-based milk alternatives. With more people becoming aware of the health benefits of plant-based milk, sales of these products are going to continue to surge.
This is going to create a lot of competition for traditional dairy milk, which is going to put a lot of pressure on dairy farms.
The beverage industry is constantly evolving, with new innovations and challenges appearing every year. 2022 promises to be no different, with a number of exciting trends and challenges emerging in the coming years.
Some of the most notable trends include the increasing popularity of craft beers and ciders, the rise of plant-based beverages, and the growing demand for functional drinks. Meanwhile, the biggest challenges facing the industry include the fight against plastic pollution and the need to reduce sugar consumption.
Whatever happens, the beverage industry is sure to be an exciting place to be over the next few years!